Issuance of electronic Letter of Authority (eLA) suspended [Revenue Memorandum Circular (RMC) No. 61-2010]
Revenue Memorandum Circular (RMC) No. 61-2010
dated July 12, 2010
The following guidelines are set forth by the Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR) on the matter of the indefinite suspension of the generation of electronic Letters of Authority (eLA) and similar matters:
1. The issuance of eLAs and the conversion of manually issued LA into eLA under the Electronic Letter of Authority Monitoring System (eLAMS) shall be temporarily suspended until further notice.
2. Pursuant to RMO No. 62-2010, the manual issuance of Letters of Authority (LAs) has been discontinued effective July 1, 2010. Thus, effective said date, only the Commissioner of Internal Revenue can manually issue and sign Letters of Authority.
3. RMC 56-2010 dated June 28, 2010 is revoked. All examiners or revenue officers shall then have the authority to continue to conduct tax investigation on manually issued LAs issued prior to July 1, 2010.
4. Effective July 12, 2010, manual issuance of Tax Verifications (TVNs) is allowed only in the following cases: a) One Time Transactions (Capital Gains Tax/Creditable Withholding Tax and Documentary Stamp Tax involving transfers of real property or shares of stock); b) Donation (Donor's Tax); c) Death (Estate Tax); and d) Request for Reinvestigation.
Please be guided accordingly.
To read the full text of RMC 61-2010, please click on the following link http://www.bdblaw.com.ph/index.php?option=com_dms&view=category&layout=table&Itemid=183&limitstart=0.
- Managing Partner and CEO Atty. Benedicta Du-Baladad in Breakfast Dialogue with Sen. Sonny Angara on Tax Reforms last October 7, 2014
- BDB Law’s transfer pricing team attends a transfer pricing seminar conducted by Transfer Pricing Analyst (TPA) in Singapore last September 28-30, 2014.
- WTS News Release, September 2014 - An update on the conclusions of the first OECD deliverables with a webcast regarding BEPS 2014 developments.
- Atty. Benedicta Du-Baladad, Speaks at the PCCI MAP Joint Tax Forum at the Intercontinental Hotel-Manila on March 25, 2014
- Atty. Benedicta Du-Baladad, Managing Partner and CEO of Du-Baladad and Associates presented to Insurance Commissioner Emmanuel F. Dooc its newly published book entitled “Taxation of Insurance Companies in the Philippines”.
- BDB Law Partners and Associates
- Managing Partner Dick Du-Baladad speaks at a forum on Estate Tax Planning conducted by the Financial Executives of the Philippines (FINEX). September 11, 2013, Dusit Hotel, Makati City.
- WTS Singapore August 2013
- WTS Singapore August 2013
- “Dick Du-Baladad receives as Chair of Management Association of the Philippines’ Tax Committee, a plaque of appreciation from the Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR) for participating in the multi-sectoral evaluation of the BIR-Performance Governance System”
- The Managing Partner and CEO Dick Du-Baladad gives a briefing on “Tax Updates” to members of the Financial Executives of the Philippines (FINEX), together with Deputy Commissioner Nelson Aspe of the Bureau of Internal Revenue.
- Managing Partner and CEO Dick Du-Baladad gives a briefing on “Tax Updates” to members of the Financial Executives of the Philippines (FINEX), together with Deputy Commissioner Nelson Aspe of the Bureau of Internal Revenue.
- Dick Du-Baladad briefed the members of the Tax Management Association of the Philippines (TMAP) on the new rules on taxation of interest income on financial instruments.
- News Analysis: Philippine Transfer Pricing Rules Put Companies on Notice
- Courtesy Call to BIR Commissioner Kim Jacinto Henares
- WTS Conference, Warsaw, Poland, (September 13-15, 2012)
- Transfer Pricing Law Review Sought
- Tax expert shares ways to maximize tax savings
- Dick Du-Baladad updates the CPAs in Public Practice (ACPAPP) on latest revenue bills and court decisions.
- Dick Du-Baladad speaks before the Philippine Association of Management Accountants (PAMA) at its Annual Convention in Baguio City.