Issuance of electronic Letter of Authority (eLA) suspended [Revenue Memorandum Circular (RMC) No. 61-2010]
Revenue Memorandum Circular (RMC) No. 61-2010
dated July 12, 2010
The following guidelines are set forth by the Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR) on the matter of the indefinite suspension of the generation of electronic Letters of Authority (eLA) and similar matters:
1. The issuance of eLAs and the conversion of manually issued LA into eLA under the Electronic Letter of Authority Monitoring System (eLAMS) shall be temporarily suspended until further notice.
2. Pursuant to RMO No. 62-2010, the manual issuance of Letters of Authority (LAs) has been discontinued effective July 1, 2010. Thus, effective said date, only the Commissioner of Internal Revenue can manually issue and sign Letters of Authority.
3. RMC 56-2010 dated June 28, 2010 is revoked. All examiners or revenue officers shall then have the authority to continue to conduct tax investigation on manually issued LAs issued prior to July 1, 2010.
4. Effective July 12, 2010, manual issuance of Tax Verifications (TVNs) is allowed only in the following cases: a) One Time Transactions (Capital Gains Tax/Creditable Withholding Tax and Documentary Stamp Tax involving transfers of real property or shares of stock); b) Donation (Donor's Tax); c) Death (Estate Tax); and d) Request for Reinvestigation.
Please be guided accordingly.
To read the full text of RMC 61-2010, please click on the following link http://www.bdblaw.com.ph/index.php?option=com_dms&view=category&layout=table&Itemid=183&limitstart=0.
- 2016 BDB Law Mid-Year Tax Forum (Segment 2)
- 2016 BDB Law Mid-Year Tax Forum
- BDB Law 7th Anniversary
- BDB Law Senior Associate Atty. Pierre Martin D. Reyes was a guest in radio program "Relasyon"
- BDB Law is Philippine Tax Firm of the Year 2016, by International Tax Review
- BDB Law congratulates the 2015 Bar passers, Reynaldo M. Prudenciado, Jr. and Jared C. Vicencio
- (April 20, 2016) BDB Law Managing Partner and CEO Atty. Benedicta Du-Baladad discusses the serious problem of high cost of complying with taxes and presents recommendations on how to lower it, in “Comprehensive Tax Reform Dialogue”, an event hosted by US
- BDB Law’s Senior Associate, Atty. Filamer D. Miguel joins Tax Management Association of the Phils. (TMAP).
- BDB Law Senior Associate Atty. Pierre Martin D. Reyes was one of the panelists on an impact assessment of individual income tax reduction on household consumption in the Philippines, a research by graduate students from University of Asia & Pacific (UA&P)
- We are pleased to invite you to the Philippine Chamber of Commerce and Industry (PCCI) Tax Forum on March 7, 2016, 1:00 - 5:00pm. BDB Law Senior Associate Atty. Pierre Martin D. Reyes, one of the speakers, will be discussing the latest court decisions.
- Du-Baladad and Associates (BDB Law) Managing Partner & CEO, Atty. Benedicta Du-Baladad was one of the speakers in ACPAPP General Membership Meeting.
- The signing of Memorandum of Agreement between the Management Association of the Philippines (MAP) and the 15th partner-in-mission, Du-Baladad and Associates Foundation Inc., for the Educated Marginalized Entrepreneurs Resource Generation Program.
- BDB Law Managing Partner Dick Du-Baladad facilitates forum on “Tracking ASEAN Integration” hosted by the Financial Executives of the Philippines (FINEX) last October 1, 2015. Part 1 of the forum is on Islamic banking while Part II is on credit informatio
- BDB Law Managing Partner and CEO Dick Du-Baladad was the moderator during the FINEX Week’s forum on “Competitiveness, Inclusive Growth and Sustainability”.
- (July 10, 2015) BDB Law Du-Baladad and Associates Host the "WTS 2015 Asia Pacific Tax Symposium" Held at Dusit Thani Manila
- (January 27, 2015) BDB Law’s Managing Partner, Dick Du-Baladad, was inducted as Governor of the Management Association of the Philippines (MAP). Inducting Officer is His Eminence Luis Antonio G. Cardinal Tagle. In photo are the 2015 Governors (L-R): Popo
- (January 13, 2015) BDB Law’s Managing Partner, Dick Du-Baladad, has been elected as a trustee of the FINEX Research and Development Foundation. She also took oath as the Chairperson of the Asean Economic Community (AEC) Committee of the Financial Executi
- Managing Partner and CEO Atty. Benedicta Du-Baladad attended the Business Group Representatives to the Press Conference on New VAT Refund Rule (RMC 54-2014) held last November 5, 2014.
- Managing Partner and CEO Atty. Benedicta Du-Baladad in Breakfast Dialogue with Sen. Sonny Angara on Tax Reforms last October 7, 2014
- BDB Law’s transfer pricing team attends a transfer pricing seminar conducted by Transfer Pricing Analyst (TPA) in Singapore last September 28-30, 2014.