Issuance of electronic Letter of Authority (eLA) suspended [Revenue Memorandum Circular (RMC) No. 61-2010]
Revenue Memorandum Circular (RMC) No. 61-2010
dated July 12, 2010
The following guidelines are set forth by the Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR) on the matter of the indefinite suspension of the generation of electronic Letters of Authority (eLA) and similar matters:
1. The issuance of eLAs and the conversion of manually issued LA into eLA under the Electronic Letter of Authority Monitoring System (eLAMS) shall be temporarily suspended until further notice.
2. Pursuant to RMO No. 62-2010, the manual issuance of Letters of Authority (LAs) has been discontinued effective July 1, 2010. Thus, effective said date, only the Commissioner of Internal Revenue can manually issue and sign Letters of Authority.
3. RMC 56-2010 dated June 28, 2010 is revoked. All examiners or revenue officers shall then have the authority to continue to conduct tax investigation on manually issued LAs issued prior to July 1, 2010.
4. Effective July 12, 2010, manual issuance of Tax Verifications (TVNs) is allowed only in the following cases: a) One Time Transactions (Capital Gains Tax/Creditable Withholding Tax and Documentary Stamp Tax involving transfers of real property or shares of stock); b) Donation (Donor's Tax); c) Death (Estate Tax); and d) Request for Reinvestigation.
Please be guided accordingly.
To read the full text of RMC 61-2010, please click on the following link http://www.bdblaw.com.ph/index.php?option=com_dms&view=category&layout=table&Itemid=183&limitstart=0.
- Announcement of Promotion
- Atty. Benedicta Du-Baladad, BDB Law's Managing Partner & CEO, is elected as the President of the Financial Executives of the Philippines (FINEX) for 2017.
- BDB Law CEO and Managing Partner and Chairman of PCCI and MAP Tax Committee, Atty. Benedicta Du-Baladad was one of the discussant on the 12th and final AC-UPSE Economic Forum.
- Managing Partner and CEO of Du-Baladad and Associates, Atty. Benedicta Du-Baladad speaks at the third leg of DOF-PCCI Tax Reform Roadshow on "Deepening Understanding on Tax Reform for Micro & Small Enterprises", held in Cagayan de Oro City.
- DOF-PCCI Tax Reform Roadshow "Deepening Understanding on Tax Reform for Micro & Small Enterprises" held in Cebu City., Atty. Benedicta Du-Baladad, Managing Partner & CEO of Du-Baladad and Associates, discusses that a simplified tax process and lower perso
- BDB Law was ranked as "highly recommended" firm for tax services by Asia Law.
- 2016 BDB Law Mid-Year Tax Forum (Segment 2)
- 2016 BDB Law Mid-Year Tax Forum
- BDB Law 7th Anniversary
- BDB Law Senior Associate Atty. Pierre Martin D. Reyes was a guest in radio program "Relasyon"
- BDB Law is Philippine Tax Firm of the Year 2016, by International Tax Review
- BDB Law congratulates the 2015 Bar passers, Reynaldo M. Prudenciado, Jr. and Jared C. Vicencio
- (April 20, 2016) BDB Law Managing Partner and CEO Atty. Benedicta Du-Baladad discusses the serious problem of high cost of complying with taxes and presents recommendations on how to lower it, in “Comprehensive Tax Reform Dialogue”, an event hosted by US
- BDB Law’s Senior Associate, Atty. Filamer D. Miguel joins Tax Management Association of the Phils. (TMAP).
- BDB Law Senior Associate Atty. Pierre Martin D. Reyes was one of the panelists on an impact assessment of individual income tax reduction on household consumption in the Philippines, a research by graduate students from University of Asia & Pacific (UA&P)
- We are pleased to invite you to the Philippine Chamber of Commerce and Industry (PCCI) Tax Forum on March 7, 2016, 1:00 - 5:00pm. BDB Law Senior Associate Atty. Pierre Martin D. Reyes, one of the speakers, will be discussing the latest court decisions.
- Du-Baladad and Associates (BDB Law) Managing Partner & CEO, Atty. Benedicta Du-Baladad was one of the speakers in ACPAPP General Membership Meeting.
- The signing of Memorandum of Agreement between the Management Association of the Philippines (MAP) and the 15th partner-in-mission, Du-Baladad and Associates Foundation Inc., for the Educated Marginalized Entrepreneurs Resource Generation Program.
- BDB Law Managing Partner Dick Du-Baladad facilitates forum on “Tracking ASEAN Integration” hosted by the Financial Executives of the Philippines (FINEX) last October 1, 2015. Part 1 of the forum is on Islamic banking while Part II is on credit informatio
- BDB Law Managing Partner and CEO Dick Du-Baladad was the moderator during the FINEX Week’s forum on “Competitiveness, Inclusive Growth and Sustainability”.