Revocation of BIR Ruling DA(FIT-002) 054-2010 which subjected onshore income of FCDU/OBU to 5% GRT
BIR Ruling No. 51-2010
dated September 7, 2010
The Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR) has revoked its previous ruling which subjected the onshore interest income to be derived by the foreign currency deposit units (FCDUs) from the 3-year and 5-year Multi-Currency Retail Treasury Bonds for Overseas Filipino Workers (rTBs) issued by the Bureau of Treasury to the 5% gross receipts tax, aside from the 10% final withholding tax.
The BIR now clarifies that the said previous ruling is contrary to the provisions of Republic Act No. 9294, which restored the exemption of FCDUs from all taxes on its foreign currency transactions, except for the 10% final withholding tax on onshore income. With the said amendment, the tax exemption enjoyed by FCDUs under the 1977 Tax Code was clearly restored, which includes exemption from the gross receipts tax.
Hence, the onshore interest income to be derived by FCDUs from the said rTBS issued by the Bureau of Treasury is exempt from the 5% gross receipts tax.
Please be advised accordingly.
- Announcement of Promotion Senior Tax Specialist
- Announcement of Promotion Senior Associates
- Atty. Benedicta Du-Baladad, BDB Law's Managing Partner & CEO, is elected as the President of the Financial Executives of the Philippines (FINEX) for 2017.
- BDB Law CEO and Managing Partner and Chairman of PCCI and MAP Tax Committee, Atty. Benedicta Du-Baladad was one of the discussant on the 12th and final AC-UPSE Economic Forum.
- Managing Partner and CEO of Du-Baladad and Associates, Atty. Benedicta Du-Baladad speaks at the third leg of DOF-PCCI Tax Reform Roadshow on "Deepening Understanding on Tax Reform for Micro & Small Enterprises", held in Cagayan de Oro City.
- DOF-PCCI Tax Reform Roadshow "Deepening Understanding on Tax Reform for Micro & Small Enterprises" held in Cebu City., Atty. Benedicta Du-Baladad, Managing Partner & CEO of Du-Baladad and Associates, discusses that a simplified tax process and lower perso
- BDB Law was ranked as "highly recommended" firm for tax services by Asia Law.
- 2016 BDB Law Mid-Year Tax Forum (Segment 2)
- 2016 BDB Law Mid-Year Tax Forum
- BDB Law 7th Anniversary
- BDB Law Senior Associate Atty. Pierre Martin D. Reyes was a guest in radio program "Relasyon"
- BDB Law is Philippine Tax Firm of the Year 2016, by International Tax Review
- BDB Law congratulates the 2015 Bar passers, Reynaldo M. Prudenciado, Jr. and Jared C. Vicencio
- (April 20, 2016) BDB Law Managing Partner and CEO Atty. Benedicta Du-Baladad discusses the serious problem of high cost of complying with taxes and presents recommendations on how to lower it, in “Comprehensive Tax Reform Dialogue”, an event hosted by US
- BDB Law’s Senior Associate, Atty. Filamer D. Miguel joins Tax Management Association of the Phils. (TMAP).
- BDB Law Senior Associate Atty. Pierre Martin D. Reyes was one of the panelists on an impact assessment of individual income tax reduction on household consumption in the Philippines, a research by graduate students from University of Asia & Pacific (UA&P)
- We are pleased to invite you to the Philippine Chamber of Commerce and Industry (PCCI) Tax Forum on March 7, 2016, 1:00 - 5:00pm. BDB Law Senior Associate Atty. Pierre Martin D. Reyes, one of the speakers, will be discussing the latest court decisions.
- Du-Baladad and Associates (BDB Law) Managing Partner & CEO, Atty. Benedicta Du-Baladad was one of the speakers in ACPAPP General Membership Meeting.
- The signing of Memorandum of Agreement between the Management Association of the Philippines (MAP) and the 15th partner-in-mission, Du-Baladad and Associates Foundation Inc., for the Educated Marginalized Entrepreneurs Resource Generation Program.
- BDB Law Managing Partner Dick Du-Baladad facilitates forum on “Tracking ASEAN Integration” hosted by the Financial Executives of the Philippines (FINEX) last October 1, 2015. Part 1 of the forum is on Islamic banking while Part II is on credit informatio