- Salient provisions of Republic Act 10641
- The Proper Party to be served in Assessments
- Application for qualification and accreditation of Pera participants and investment products
- Importer accreditation process
- Constitutionality of RMO 20-2013 and its related issuances
- Certificate of tax exemption is not mandatory
- Revenue Memorandum Circular (RMC) No. 6-2015 - Reduction and condonation of real property taxes on the power generation facilities of IPPs under BOT contracts with GOCCs
- Revenue Memorandum Order (RMO) 1-2015 - Amendments to the list of requirements for accreditation of Importers and Customs Brokers
- Revenue Regulations (RR) 1-2015 - De Minimis Benefits
- Emerging Rule for Income Tax Refunds
- Revenue Memorandum Order No. 34-2014 - Clarifies certain provisions of RMO No. 20-2013, as amended by RMO No. 28-2013, on the issuance of Tax Exemption Rulings for Qualified Non-Stock, Non-Profit Corporations and Associations under Section 30 of the
- Revenue Memorandum Order (RMO) No. 33-2014 - Amending the Policies, Guidelines and Procedures in the Issuance of Importer’s Clearance Certificate (ICC) and Customs Broker’s Clearance Certificate (BCC) relative to Accreditation as Importer or Customs
- Tax Letter Asia Global Expatriate Services
- MAPping the Future by: Atty. Benedicta Du-Baladad (Philippine Daily Inquirer) - Why I am not in favor of the P70,000 tax-exempt benefit - 10 Nov 2014
- BDB Law Company Brochure
- Du-Baladad and Associates (BDBLaw) is considered as a leading firm in the country
- “Taxation of Insurance Companies in the Philippines, First Edition”
- TRANSFER PRICING SURVEY ON MANAGEMENT FEES
- (January 13, 2015) BDB Law’s Managing Partner, Dick Du-Baladad, has been elected as a trustee of the FINEX Research and Development Foundation. She also took oath as the Chairperson of the Asean Economic Community (AEC) Committee of the Financial Executi
- Managing Partner and CEO Atty. Benedicta Du-Baladad attended the Business Group Representatives to the Press Conference on New VAT Refund Rule (RMC 54-2014) held last November 5, 2014.
- Managing Partner and CEO Atty. Benedicta Du-Baladad in Breakfast Dialogue with Sen. Sonny Angara on Tax Reforms last October 7, 2014
Welcome to Du-Baladad and Associates
Dynamism, coupled with their expertise and long years of experience in the field of taxation and corporate law, prompted Benedicta Du-Baladad and Fulvio D. Dawilan to establish Du-Baladad and Associates, or BDB Law. BDB Law is a growing medium-sized firm that provides competent legal representation and exceptional service in the areas of taxation and corporate law to its wide array of clients.
BDB Law’s associates are equipped with extensive training and experience in handling tax controversies before the Court of Tax Appeals, the regular courts, the Bureau of Internal Revenue, and the Department of Finance. They are highly competent in providing tax and corporate advisory services to the firm’s multi-sectoral clients and assisting them as they work to achieve complex legal, business and financial goals.
The firm is dedicated to ensuring responsive, and high-quality service that is delivered with the strict adherence to the highest ethical standards.
BDB Law takes pride in its commitment to balance both the interests of its clients and that of the community.
We welcome you to our website. Please feel free to contact us to learn more about our services.
(Delivered during BDB Law’s
5TH Anniversary and
Launching of the Book on “Taxation of Insurance Companies in the Philippines”)
(Dusit Hotel, Makati City, July 8, 2014)
THANK YOU! Thank you very much for joining us this evening.
When we were filming my part of that video, I realized that it is a lot easier to be a lawyer than a television personality. So, I decided to just stick with my current profession – a tax lawyer.
That Video ‘says it all’ about our firm. We had a modest beginning, but it’s the love for the work that we do and our passion for hardwork, excellence and good service that made us to what we are today.
It is this same passion that gave us the desire to help create a tax environment where government and business can see “EYE to EYE” – an environment where the government, in craftingthe laws, rules and policies, would appreciate the side of business, and on the other hand, where businesses are governed by a culture that payment of proper taxes is a good business practice.
In line with this, we made a commitment to ourselves, to continue to write books especially on difficult subjects of taxation – where no one dared write about, to serve as a guide or reference not only for taxpayers and the academe, but also for the government, that they may craft rules that are helpful and not disruptive of business.
On our first year anniversary, we released our book on ‘Taxation of Banks and Other Financial Intermediaries’. Today, on the occasion of our 5th year anniversary, we are launching the book on ‘Taxation of Insurance Companies’ - the first book in the Philippines to be written on this subject. It’s a comprehensive reference book that covers life, non-life, professional reinsurers, pre-need companies, mutual and cooperative insurance, government insurance companies, insurance brokers and agents and it touches a little on HMOs.
These books were written as objectively as possible, taking positions where necessary, without due regard to whether it is pro-business or pro-government.
I thank the Insurance Commissioner, Com. Emmanuel Dooc, who I have known long before he became the Commissioner, for graciously accepting to do the FOREWORD for this book. Commissioner, I would like to present this book as our contribution to the insurance industry during your term as the Commissioner.
May I invite you on stage with me to accept this book.
Managing Partner and CEO