- Revenue Memorandum Order (RMO) No. 33-2014 - Amending the Policies, Guidelines and Procedures in the Issuance of Importer’s Clearance Certificate (ICC) and Customs Broker’s Clearance Certificate (BCC) relative to Accreditation as Importer or Customs
- Revenue Memorandum Circular No. 73-2014 - Withholding Tax Rates on Dividend Payments to Philippine Central Depository (PCD) Nominees
- Revenue Regulation No. 6-2014-Prescribing the Mandatory Use of Electronic Bureau of Internal Revenue Forms (eBIR Forms)
- Revenue Memorandum Circular (RMC) No. 51-2014 – Clarifying the Inurement Prohibition under Section 30 of the National Internal Revenue Code of 1997
- Revenue Memorandum Circular (RMC) No. 54-2014 – Clarifying Issues Relative to the Application for Value Added Tax (VAT) Refund/Credit under Section 112 of the Tax Code
- SEC Memorandum Circular No. 10-2014 - Guidelines and Directives to Assist Issuers of Securities Listed and Traded in the Philippine Stock Exchange in Complying with the Requirements of BIR Revenue Regulation No. 1-2014
- “Taxation of Insurance Companies in the Philippines, First Edition”
- TRANSFER PRICING SURVEY ON MANAGEMENT FEES
- MAP Insights (Business World) - SC resolves with finality rules for VAT refund claims by Atty. Dick Du-Baladad - Nov 12, 2013
- "Mapping the Future" by Atty. Dick Du-Baladad (Philippine Daily Inquirer) - BIR's cleanup drive - 5 August 2013
- Philippine National Internal Revenue Code of 1997
- “Ease in Paying Taxes (Philippine Daily Inquirer – March 11, 2013)” By: Atty. Dick Baladad
- Atty. Benedicta Du-Baladad, Managing Partner and CEO of Du-Baladad and Associates presented to Insurance Commissioner Emmanuel F. Dooc its newly published book entitled “Taxation of Insurance Companies in the Philippines”.
- BDB Law Partners and Associates
- Managing Partner Dick Du-Baladad speaks at a forum on Estate Tax Planning conducted by the Financial Executives of the Philippines (FINEX). September 11, 2013, Dusit Hotel, Makati City.
Welcome to Du-Baladad and Associates
Dynamism, coupled with their expertise and long years of experience in the field of taxation and corporate law, prompted Benedicta Du-Baladad and Fulvio D. Dawilan to establish Du-Baladad and Associates, or BDB Law. BDB Law is a growing medium-sized firm that provides competent legal representation and exceptional service in the areas of taxation and corporate law to its wide array of clients.
BDB Law’s associates are equipped with extensive training and experience in handling tax controversies before the Court of Tax Appeals, the regular courts, the Bureau of Internal Revenue, and the Department of Finance. They are highly competent in providing tax and corporate advisory services to the firm’s multi-sectoral clients and assisting them as they work to achieve complex legal, business and financial goals.
The firm is dedicated to ensuring responsive, and high-quality service that is delivered with the strict adherence to the highest ethical standards.
BDB Law takes pride in its commitment to balance both the interests of its clients and that of the community.
We welcome you to our website. Please feel free to contact us to learn more about our services.
Dear clients and friends,
On July 8 of this year, we shall be celebrating our 5th year anniversary. Thinking back of our humble beginnings, and looking now at what we have become, has given me the confidence to push farther to elevate service standards and goals that the firm has set for itself for the past years.
The past years, though challenging, were fruitful years of strengthened relationships with clients and friends. The presence of BDB Law as a player in tax and corporate practice was felt and recognized not only locally but internationally as well.
BDB Law, despite its being a new player in the industry, has been consistently ranked as a leading tax firm in the country by World Tax, a guide to the world’s list of leading tax firm and accounting firms, and Chambers and Partners, a ranking of the best law firms and individuals worldwide. Just recently, the International Tax Review released the 2014 Guide to the World’s Leading Transfer Pricing Firms and named BDB Law as one of them.
This year, as we approach our 5th year anniversary, we earnestly and consciously endeavour to deliver a wholistic and comprehensive approach to servicing our clients, one that continuously looks at a “total client care” in finding innovative, long-term and customized solutions responsive to our clients’ specific needs.
With a strong support from our international affiliation, the World Tax Service (WTS) Alliance, we shall soon expand into new areas of practice that focuses on 3 major services – TAX, LEGAL and CONSULTING services.
Thus, in addition to a comprehensive line of tax and corporate services that we currently offer, we shall soon be engaging in financial advisory, valuation, receivership, mergers and acquisitions, management risks, fraud audit, among others. This move is driven by WTS Alliance’s desire to strengthen and align its service offerings worldwide, with a sustained level of high quality output.
Last year (2013), revenues increased by more than 40%, and the number of new clients increased by 26%. The aggressive tax enforcement by the BIR has led to a high demand for services related to tax disputes such as tax litigation and assessment assistance. At the same time, we saw a trend in clients adopting more prudent posture as reflected by increased number of engagements for advisory, tax reviews and compliance services. Business and investment climate was robust as indicated by an increased number of corporate engagements such as acquisitions, restructuring, expatriate services and setting-up of businesses. Expectedly, the issuance of a regulation mandating taxpayers to maintain a transfer pricing documentation for their related-party transactions has caused the high demand for transfer pricing studies.
We expect this trend to continue in 2014.
As an end note, let me thank you, in all sincerity, for the pleasant and cooperative working relationship we had during the past four years. We hope that for 2014 and beyond, we will build an even stronger relationship built on mutual trust, cooperation and understanding. A very happy new year to all!
Managing Partner and CEO