- Another rule on technicality
- Abatement works for Pinoy employees of embassies and international organizations
- Tax treatment of disposition of shares of stock
- Summary of Significant CTA Decisions (March 2013)
- Penalties : Deductibility
- Summary of Significant Decisions Of The Court Of Tax Appeals (February 2013)
- RMO 12-2013 - Guidelines and Procedures in the Processing of Authority to Print Official Receipts (ORs), Sales Invoices (SIs), and other Commercial Invoices (CIs) prior to the Full Implementation of the On-line Authority-To-Print (ATP)
- RR 6-2013 - Amended Rules on the Taxation of Sale, Barter, Exchange or Other Disposition of Shares of Stock Held as Capital Assets
- RMC 26-2013 – Quick reference in filling-up BIR Forms 1701 and 1702
- RMO 04-2013 – Possible Candidates for BIR Audit
- Requirement for Supplemental Information Deffered to 2013 Tax Return
- Various issuances (RMC 16-2013 & RMC 17-2013)
- “Ease in Paying Taxes (Philippine Daily Inquirer – March 11, 2013)” By: Atty. Dick Baladad
- "MAP Insights" Atty. Dick Du-Baladad - 29 February 2013 - BIR releases transfer pricing rules
- "BIR aims at non-stock non-profit entities (Philippine Daily Inquirer - November 19, 2012)" By: Atty. Dick Du-Baladad
- Managing Partner Dick Du-Baladad speaks before a MAP-FINEX Tax Forum on October 4, 2012.
- “MAP Insights” Column in BUSINESSWORLD – 28 February 2012
- BDB law shares its vision and advocacy in Business Mirror article “Making the law work for fair taxes”.
- The Managing Partner and CEO Dick Du-Baladad gives a briefing on “Tax Updates” to members of the Financial Executives of the Philippines (FINEX), together with Deputy Commissioner Nelson Aspe of the Bureau of Internal Revenue.
- Managing Partner and CEO Dick Du-Baladad gives a briefing on “Tax Updates” to members of the Financial Executives of the Philippines (FINEX), together with Deputy Commissioner Nelson Aspe of the Bureau of Internal Revenue.
- Dick Du-Baladad briefed the members of the Tax Management Association of the Philippines (TMAP) on the new rules on taxation of interest income on financial instruments.
Welcome to Du-Baladad and Associates
Dynamism, coupled with their expertise and long years of experience in the field of taxation and corporate law, prompted Benedicta Du-Baladad and Fulvio D. Dawilan to establish Du-Baladad and Associates, or BDB Law. BDB Law is a growing medium-sized firm that provides competent legal representation and exceptional service in the areas of taxation and corporate law to its wide array of clients.
BDB Law’s associates are equipped with extensive training and experience in handling tax controversies before the Court of Tax Appeals, the regular courts, the Bureau of Internal Revenue, and the Department of Finance. They are highly competent in providing tax and corporate advisory services to the firm’s multi-sectoral clients and assisting them as they work to achieve complex legal, business and financial goals.
The firm is dedicated to ensuring responsive, and high-quality service that is delivered with the strict adherence to the highest ethical standards.
BDB Law takes pride in its commitment to balance both the interests of its clients and that of the community.
We welcome you to our website. Please feel free to contact us to learn more about our services.
Dear clients and friends,
The year 2013 started with a big bang with the issuance of the long awaited transfer pricing regulations. This would mean a busy year for companies – both local and multinational companies – transacting with related parties. As the regulations require contemporaneous documentation, there is an expected demand for transfer pricing documentation, planning and restructuring on this initial year of implementation.
On our side as tax advisors, this development calls for a re-alignment of resources and manpower. Fortunately for BDB Law, preparations for this had long been undertaken. With the strong support of our international affiliation, the WTS Alliance, and our link with the Transfer Pricing Associates (TPA Global), transfer pricing work can be done with reasonable costs without sacrificing the quality and timeliness of the reports. Transfer Pricing Analyst Global (TPA Global) is a known and respected specialist provider of expert transfer pricing services in over 50 countries.
Other than transfer pricing services, the demand for assessment, litigation, advisory and tax compliance services is expected to grow. The Commissioner of Internal Revenue has been relentless in her effort to improve collection through stricter audit and compliance. In addition, new rules, regulations and circulars are issued one after the other to either prescribe new guidelines or revoke existing rules. All these, and the perceived interest of many taxpayers to be tax compliant will make 2013 an interesting year.
Kung Hei Fat Choi!
Managing Partner and CEO